K-9 Harness: Tactical Body Armor (and Backpack) adds a new modular body armor with brand new meshes & textures for Dogmeat, designed after modern-day Military and Police K-9 Unit harnesses. Featuring craftable side pouches, backpack, ballistic weave, faction patches, and various colors and patterns, each component can be added, removed, or customized at the standard Armor Workbench, giving you a huge variety of options.
Side pouches, and a backpack can be added to give Dogmeat extra carrying capacity. For extra protection, Ballstic Weave can also be added. If you download the Armorsmith Extended version, more linings and options will be available.
- 8 colors/ patterns currently available: Olive Drab, Black Tactical, Police Blue, Forest Camo, Desert Camo, Sky Camo, Urban Camo, and Winter Grey.
- Harness and pouches can be colored separately for many color combos!
- 12 patch sets can be added to the side panels, featuring all vanilla factions, plus U.S. Army, K-9 Police, NCR, Reilly’s Rangers, and Vault-Tec
- Base vest has an armor rating of 30, with 15 extra damage resistance, but Ballstic Weave can be added for extra protection
- Side pouches and backpack can be added/stacked to give Dogmeat +40 or +80 carryweight, respectively.
- Compatible with everything, as it’s a simple armor like the vanilla Dog armors, nor does it edit leveled lists or other vanilla records.
Please note, in this 1.0 version, the bags share the same area as the patches, so adding side pouches will make the patches unable to be seen. An upcoming update will add more areas to the vest for patches, for even more customization.
Install using your mod manager of choice, and you’re most of the way there
- To manually install, drop the BA2 and ESP files in your /data/ folder, and add K9TacticalHarness.esp to your plugins.txt
- You will need the first rank of the Armorer Perk in order to craft the vest!
- Once in-game, the harness is craftable at the CHEM STATION under UTILITY
- If using the Armorsmith Extended version, crafting is moved to the AWKCR Armor Bench under NON-HUMAN ARMOR
- If you want to use the console, type help k-9 0 armo exactly like that, then type player.additem xxx where xxx = the numeric ID next to the armor
- From there, head to an Armor Bench and customize away!
NOTE: Ballistic Weave will not be available to craft until you unlock it during the quest lines like normal.
Optional files Download:
K-9 Harness – 2K Textures-17686-1-0.rar 27.3 MB – Install and overwrite with this. Lower resolution textures for some minor VRAM savings. 10.9mb for the vest at 4K is now 2.7mb at 2K.
K-9 Harness – Armorsmith Extended-17686-1-0.rar 4 KB – Install and overwrite with this. Adds support for Armorsmith Extended for extra linings and misc add-ons. This also moves crafting from the Chem Station to the AWKCR Armor Crafting bench! Thanks Gambit77. Make sure you’re using the latest AWKCR and AE.
K-9 Harness – Hotfix for Raider and Settlement Dogs-17686-1-0hotfix.rar 4 KB – Install main and overwrite with this. Not required, but makes the Raider / Settlement dogs able to wear the vest. Nexus takes 5 hours to virus scan the main file so I am not updating it yet.